Monday, December 10, 2007

Q & A: Retarded ejaculation

Q. I know everyone thinks it's great if a man can last a long time, but I last too long. My girlfriend becomes sore and both of us are upset before I finally have an orgasm. I don't want to be too quick but this is ridiculous.

Too Slow

Dear Too Slow,

The problem you are describing is called retarded ejaculation. Although premature ejaculation is more common, you are not the only man to suffer with retarded ejaculation.

This condition is caused either by some medical problem or a psychological problem. Your first step should be to consult a urologist. If medical problems are ruled out, a therapist should be able to help you. Often one of the factors in psychological retarded ejaculation is a relationship problem. The male is subconsciously 'holding back', most commonly from fear of involvement. Solving the relationship problem is the key to a cure.

No comments: